The wedi Building Panel can be tiled with all types of ceramic, glass or stone tile whether they are mosaic or large format tiles. Especially large and thin tile benefits of the durability of the wedi Building Panel and the even surface it provides.
- 100% waterproof due to its extruded polystyrene ( closed cell) foam core
- 100% mold and mildew proof due to the product ‘s natural composition.
- Strong and ready to tile surface made of reinforcing fiberglass mesh fully embedded in a cement based resin coating.
- High insulating properties due to its extruded polystyrene core giving tile or stone finish surfaces a warmer touch.
- Extremely lightweight due to its rigid foam core benefitting installations over older structures and fast and safe handling on construction sites.
- Easy and clean to cut to size using a utility knife.
- No limitation to use of tile sizes or the type of tile
- No limitation to use of cement based thinset mortars and grouts. Product works perfectly with polyurethane or epoxy based grouts.
- Replaces cement boards plus the added waterproof membranes.
- Available in multiple sizes and thicknesses for use as floor underlayment, wall and ceiling backer board, over countertops, tub decks, and for building seats or tileable furniture without need for any support made of wood or steel.
Technical data of building panel
|Nominal thickness in mm||R-value||U-value W/m2 x K|
|wedi Building Panel Material Composition||XPS/ Extruded Polystyrene Foam Core covered with fiberglass mesh fully embedded in a cement based resin coating|
|Surface Burning Characteristics; ASTM E84-04 and UL 1715||Passes|
|Tensile Strength (Thinset Mortar to wedi Coating to Foam); ASTM C297||0.45 N/mm²|
|Shear Strength (Thinset Mortar to wedi Coating to Foam); ANSI 118.10-1999; *wet conditions||0.37 N/mm²|
|Flexural Strength; ASTM C947||4.32 N/mm²|
|Waterproofness of Assembled System; CodeMark||Passes|
|Drain Assembly Kit, WaterMark||Passes|
|Temperature Exposure Limits||-58°F to + 175°F|
|Long-term compressive strength (50 years) ≤ 2% compression EN 1606||0.08 N/mm²|
|Compressive resistance or compressive strength at 10% compression EN 826||0.25 N/mm²|
|Max. hanging load when wedi is used on the ceiling||88kg/m²|
|Fungus & Bacteria Resistance||No Growth, Passes|
|Robinson Floor Test; ASTM C627 *with 200 x 200 x 6mm Porcelain Tile||Heavy Duty Commercial Use, Passes|
|R-Value, ASTM C518||25 mm of wedi foam = 4.3|
Area of application wedi building panel
- The possibilities are endless when it comes to wall, floor not least because of the wide range of different thicknesses.
- They can be applied to practically any type of substrate. Whether it’s old tile coverings, adhesive or non-adhesive substrate, lush mounting onto existing plasterboard or dry lining. Thanks to the simplified processing, wedi building panels can handle all manner of challenges on the building site.
- New Construction of Residential/Commercial use buildings
- Renovation in Residential/Commercial use buildings
- Wet areas such as showers and steam baths
- Over wooden or concrete substructure